Frisco TX Dentist Shares Top 10 Healthy Halloween Treats
It’s OK to eat candy – just not if you have braces, or loose fillings, or abscessed molars, or a toothache, headache, jaw pain, or any other dental health malady.
And you should try to stay away from the real sugary stuff, or sticky, gooey, and tacky treats like fairy floss.
You know what, stay away from the crunchy, hard, and chewy stuff too, while you’re at it. And we need to be sure to brush your teeth before bedtime.
Does this sound familiar at all??
If we remove all of those toothy treats from our kids’ trick or treat bags, what’s going to be left?
Good luck passing off a pretzel for a peanut butter cup, or a blueberry for a Butterfinger®!
We’re not here to discuss how to get your kids to nosh on the healthy treats, and not the sugar laden incendiary adrenaline provoking candied belly bombs we all had in our bags when we were younger.
We’ll leave that up to the mommy bloggers and not so silly nannies.
10 Healthy Halloween Treats to Trick Your Kids
1. Pretzels– there’s all kinds now, we don’t just need to pick between Rold Gold® and Bachman’s®.
2. Apples – candy ‘em up, drizzle in caramel or almond butter, and roll in some crushed nuts.
3. Beef Jerky– not the slimmer portable hand-held salt stix, real beef jerky, get the hot stuff and freak ‘em out a bit.
4. Goldfish – you know the kind our grandparents remember…starts with a P ends with a Farm…not the swimming kind.
5. Popcorn – could kinda get expensive to hand out the micro corn, but it’s healthier.
6. Raisins – really? a box of stinkin’ raisins? – how bout bake some oatmeal cookies and give ‘em something to pound down immediately.
7. Nuts & Seeds – yeah, real fun, just throw out a bird feeder and let ‘em go nuts!
8. Dried Fruit – isn’t that raisins? make up your own treat bags, grab the boring ol’ nuts and raisins and throw the crusty dry fruit in there. Voila!
9. Snack Packs – anything snack size like animal crackers, graham crackers, baked potato chips, or baked cheese crackers by the name of something we’re not getting paid to promote.
10. Cheese (or PB) & Crackers – you know those convenient little things with the baton rouge…I could go for one right now.
Is that it?
Nope, we’re sure there are plenty of creative parents out there that have a whole array of healthy Halloween treats in the Frisco & Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
But be forewarned, this sleight of hand toddler trickeration will require expert level negotiating skills and win-win solutions.
Most often these negotiations fall well short of parents intended expectations.
But that won’t happen to you.
The fact remains, in our household Halloween is candy time. Happy Halloween Moms and Kids – and everyone else too!
Have fun and be safe this Halloween. Just because it’s a day to dress up doesn’t mean our collective common sense needs to goes out the window.
And please SLOW down if you’re driving, the kids are so hopped up on sugar they can jump out of nowhere like little spider monkeys!
Please feel free to post your favorite healthy Halloween treats to our Facebook Page, the only way to defeat the cavity creeps is to present a united front!